Injectable fillers are among the most popular nonsurgical cosmetic treatments. Versatile and effective, dermal fillers work to add volume to the skin, reducing fine lines and deep wrinkles as they gently plump-up and moisturize those areas of the face that have become hollow, sunken, or worn by age.
At True Balance Longevity Med Spa, we offer a comprehensive selection of injectable fillers, enabling us to meet the unique needs of our patients. Because each filler is formulated to address signs of aging in specific areas of the body, it is important that you select one intended to treat your areas of concern. During your initial consultation at our Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove, or St. Albert location, we will listen to your concerns, assess your problem areas, and help you decide which type of dermal filler is best for your needs.
Dermal Fillers Available at True Balance
Dermal fillers available through our office include:
- The Juvederm family: this line of hyaluronic acid fillers can be used to diminish fine lines and deep wrinkles in the mid and lower face, add volume to sunken cheeks, and to enhance the size and shape of the lips
- The Restylane family: another line of hyaluronic acid fillers, different Restylane formulations can address wrinkling throughout the face, hands, and decolletage. Restylane-L can be used to add volume to the lips as well
- The Boltero family: this line of hyaluronic acid fillers is designed to address deep wrinkling around the lips and mouth, including marionette lines as well as wrinkles at the corners of the smile. Boltero can also be used to contour and plump the lips
- Princess filler - a hyaluronic acid filler that has been enhanced with glycerol to aid in hydration, Princess filler is ideal for enhancing and contouring the lips. It can also be used, like Juvederm, Restylane, and Boltero, throughout the mid and lower face to restore lost volume
- Sculptra - the active ingredient in Sculptra is poly-L-lactic acid, a biocompatible synthetic substance that stimulates collagen production. This filler is especially effective at addressing fine lines and deep wrinkles around the lips and mouth, and on the chin
Nearly all of the injectable fillers available at True Balance will provide results for six months or longer. Some may continue to provide a more youthful look for 24 months or more. During your initial consultation, we will provide you with information about all of your options to make sure you are selecting the filler that will be best for your needs, desires, and lasting satisfaction.
Fillers vs. BOTOX® Cosmetic
Dermal fillers work to add volume by stimulating collagen production or increasing levels of hyaluronic acid in the skin. Injectable options like BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport are neuromodulators that relax tense muscles to help overlying skin smooth out, thereby reducing wrinkles in the treatment area.
Neuromodulators block signals between the nerve and the muscle, allowing muscles to relax and drastically reducing the appearance of wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet) and in between eyebrows. These options will produce results for four to six months, but will need to be repeated at least twice a year for continued benefit.
Choosing the Best Option
The most effective way to learn which type of filler is best for your needs is through a private consultation with one of the doctors or nurse injectors at True Balance. During this consultation, we will listen to all of your concerns and provide you with honest and useful information about your options to help guide you toward the most effective treatments for your needs.
Call True Balance Longevity Med Spa at 780-306-4331 to schedule an appointment at our Sherwood Park location. For appointments in Spruce Grove, call 780-306-7676 and in St. Albert, 587-507-4632. We proudly serve the Edmonton area and all surrounding Alberta communities.